Want to build and launch a referral program for an event?
Content curators, Wakelet set out on a mission to grow their community and get increased attendance at their event #WakeletCommunityWeek, a jam-packed, 5-day conference.
With the help of Referral Factory, Wakelet created a referral program for their event, in no time at all.
What is Wakelet?
Wakelet is a digital content curation tool that provides users with a platform to curate their content from across the web, and create beautiful, informative, and engaging collections – absolutely free!
How the Wakelet referral program for the event worked
1. Wakelet fans could sign up for the referral program and receive their unique referral link.
2. Once fans received their link, it was easy for them to share with friends and invite them to the event.
3. Referrers were incentivized to refer more people with a chance to win a prize.
4. The referrer with the highest number of referrals on the 31st of May 2022, received a brand new Ipad!
You can preview their campaign here.
The key to their success
There were many factors that contributed to the success of their referral campaign and the generation of over 11 000 referrals. Here are some key takeaways that you can use to launch your own referral program for your event.
- They were able to create an on-brand, trackable referral campaign using Referral Factory.
- Wakelet ensured a fun, quick, and hassle-free joining process for their users – making it easy for them to #spreadtheword.
- They created a referral loop by asking invited users to refer their friends too.
- Their users were incentivized by offering a coveted and industry-relevant grand prize.
- They also used Twitter to promote their campaign to like-minded people that would be interested in attending.
How to get more people attending your event
There’s no denying the true power of a well-executed referral program – with just the right hook!
If you want to run a successful referral program just like Wakelet, book a call with our experts and we’ll show you how to build, and launch your very own referral program.
Here are some of our other case studies that you can have a look at.